Assistant beauty editor, Kelli Clifton answers some of your burning beauty questions.
Q: Why am I getting pimple break outs? I'm 32 years old! Sometimes, my skin is clear and fabulous and then all of a sudden, I am riddled with pimples on my chin for at least a week! Help! - Allison Gibson
A: When it comes to random skin breakouts, there are a variety of factors that could contribute to it. Answering yes or no to the questions below will help you narrow down the cause:
- Are you suffering from stress?
- Are you using a new skincare product?
- Have you eaten/drank anything new or in vast amounts recently? (You could have an allergy to the food).
- Are you continuously touching your face without realising it?
- Is there a change in weather conditions?
- Have you taken any new form of medication lately? (Your hormones could possibly be imbalanced).
- Are you washing your face religiously and removing all forms of make-up properly?
Please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org once you've reached your conclusion and then we can approach the next step together!
Q: My daughter gets terrible eczema when spring begins. She gets dark patches and suffers with low self-esteem, which isn't great for a 17-year-old. What can you suggest? - Tozi Gumbi
A: It sounds as though the eczema plays a huge role in your daughter's life. Instead of recommending a product or range, I suggest you consult a dermatologist in order to treat her eczema. There are so many different forms of eczema and in order for her to get the best treatment, a doctor would be the best option.