Online wedding resources
FAIRLADY shares a few online resources to help you plan your big day.
Juggling a career and wedding planning can be a challenge so many soon-to-be brides fork out loads of money for a personal wedding planner. But, like with most things, technology can save you time and money and make the planning process more streamlined.
Here are just a few handy online resources available to the modern bride:
- Wedding Mapper - This cool site may be based in USA, but it allows you to plan your wedding anywhere in the world. You can connect with other wedding-planning couples, vendors and venues in your wedding area. If you want, you can also view real weddings, create a free webpage and contact newlyweds to ask specific questions.
- My Registry - This site is super helpful for brides who want to register for lots of different items from a range of places. With this site you can pick gifts from anywhere on the internet and create your own, personalised gift registry.
- When is my wedding - This handy little countdown tool will help you to keep track of how many days are left until your wedding. It can be added to your blog or website, so you can share it with friends and family.
- Google wedding - Google's comprehensive wedding planning website really helps you take all the guess work out of wedding planning. This site gives you access to a number of free tools that help you plan and share your wedding. From check-lists to organising your wedding photos online, Google Wedding is definitely worth checking out.
- Wedding Wire - Although this site is mainly aimed at US residents, it has some great tools that you can use from wherever you are. If you need help with seating, the guest list, choosing a wedding song or just want to browse through some lovely image galleries, Wedding Wire could be a great resource for you. The attractive layout and easy-to-use templates make it very intuitive and easy to navigate.
Handy apps for iPad and iPhone:
* 100 wedding tips - From money-saving advice to helpful 'how to's', this app will give you 100 wedding tips that are sure to come in handy while planning your wedding.
* Wedding day countdown - This fun app will countdown the days until your wedding and then will keep track of how long since you said "I do".
* Momentville - This handy app allows you to make checklists and keep track of your budget. It also offers lots of ideas, inspiration and informative wedding articles to browse through.