Baked brioche pudding with maple syrup and raspberries
Dust with icing sugar; drizzle with syrup; sprinkle with berries and enjoy.
4 mini brioches, sliced and toasted
3 tbsp butter, softened
3 tbsp raspberry jam
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
½ cup cream
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g white chocolate, grated
1 cup fresh raspberries, or frozen raspberries, defrosted
Demerara sugar, to sprinkle
Icing sugar, for dusting
Maple syrup, for drizzling
Fresh raspberries, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter one side of each brioche slice, spread jam on the other. Pack into ramekins; press a few fresh or frozen raspberries in between the slices.
2. Place the eggs, milk, cream, syrup, vanilla and chocolate in a jug, whisk.
3. Pour over the egg mixture and allow to stand for 15 min.
4. Brush bread ‘tops’ with remaining jam and sprinkle over Demerara sugar. Place ramekins in a bain-marie, pour in hot water until half-submerged, bake for 30 min, or until crispy and set.
5. To serve: Dust with icing sugar; drizzle with syrup; sprinkle with berries.