Easter Orange Spice Biscuits
A great treat for the family, and they're particularly delicious with a mug of tea.
160g caster sugar
Finely grated rind of 1 orange
1 tsp mixed spice
½ tsp ground ginger
A pinch of salt
Ready to roll white icing (Trumps Read to Roll White icing is available at supermarkets for R42,99)
1 egg white, beaten
Cake decorations of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the butter, sugar and grated orange rind in a bowl, beat well, add the egg and beat for another minute.
2. Sift in ﬂour, spices and salt, stir well to combine. Roll into a disc, cover with clingﬁlm, place in fridge for 1 hour.
3. Remove from fridge, dust a surface with ﬂour, roll out dough and cut into desired shapes. Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 12–15 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack; allow to cool completely before icing.
5. To decorate: roll white icing out, cut into desired shapes, brush biscuits with egg white and top with white icing shapes. Decorate as desired.