Lime, lemon & coconut self-saucing pudding
Dust with icing sugar, and garnish with lemon zest and enjoy.
100g caster sugar
140g self-raising flour, sifted
50g desiccated coconut
¼ cup milk
1 egg, beaten
80g butter, melted
Grated zest and juice of 2 limes
FOR THE SAUCE
50g caster sugar
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup boiling water
Zest of 1 lemon for garnishing
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.Place the caster sugar, flour and coconut in a bowl. In a jug mix together the milk, egg, melted butter and grated lime zest and juice; add the liquid to the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
2. Pour the mixture into a large, buttered pudding dish and smooth the batter out.
3. For the sauce: Mix together caster sugar, lime juice and lemon juice. Add the boiling water and pour this mixture over the back of a large spoon onto the batter.
4. Bake in the oven for 20–30 minutes.
5. To serve: allow to cool slightly,dust with icing sugar, and garnish with lemon zest.