Sweet cinnamon bread
Enjoy this delicious sweet cinnamon bread this weekend
Makes 2 loaves
½ cup warm milk
10g instant dry yeast
2 tbsp sugar
520g cake ﬂour
Pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
60g chilled butter
1 egg, beaten
FOR THE FILLING
100g dark chocolate, chopped
2 tsp ground cinnamon,
50g butter, chilled and cut into small squares
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING
2 tbsp ﬂour
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup chilled butter
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC. Place the milk, yeast and 2 tbsp sugar in a jug; allow to stand for 5 minutes or until frothy.
2. Place the ﬂour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a food mixer with the dough hook attached. Add the yeast liquid and the eggs, a little at a time, and mix until well combined. Slowly add the butter until it is all incorporated and a smooth dough is formed.
3. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover it with a dish cloth and allow to rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
4. For the ﬁlling: mix together the sugar, chocolate and cinnamon. Rub in the butter. Remove the dough from the bowl, knock it back, and divide into 2 pieces. Roll each piece out into a ﬂat shape, brush the edges with the beaten egg. Sprinkle the ﬁlling in the middle, leaving a 1cm border around
the edges. Roll up like a swiss roll, and then twist the dough twice.
5. For the streusel topping: place the dry ingredients in a small bowl, rub in the butter.
6. Grease two loaf pans. Place the dough into the loaf pans and sprinkle with the streusel topping. Allow to rise for 1 hour.
7. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, or until cooked through.