Sprinkle sesame seeds and enjoy
Makes 1 loaf
1 tbsp sugar
½ cup warm water
¼ cup warm milk
10g instant dry yeast
250g white bread ﬂour
1 tsp salt
Milk, for brushing
Sesame seeds, for sprinkling
1. Place the sugar, warm water, milk and yeast in a jug, allow to stand for 5 minutes, or until mixture starts frothing and bubbling.
2. Sift the ﬂour into a large bowl with the salt, make a well in the centre and add the liquid. Mix to form a dough-like consistency.
3. Place dough on a ﬂoured surface and knead for 10 minutes, or until soft and elastic. Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel and allow to rise for an hour, or until doubled.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a loaf tin. Knock back the dough, shape into a sausage and press into the loaf tin. Brush dough with milk, score along the top of the dough with the tip of a knife and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Allow to rise for an additional 30 minutes.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 30–40 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove bread from tin, place on a cooling rack; allow to cool completely before slicing.