Asian-style beef short ribs
Serve these Asian-style beef ribs with noodle salad and enjoy.
1,2kg beef short ribs
Sea salt and black pepper
1½ cups beef stock
Steamed bok choi to serve
Chopped spring onions to serve
FOR THE SAUCE
3cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
½ cup sweet Indonesian soy sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
1½ cups orange juice
Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
4 star anise
FOR THE NOODLE SALAD
1 cucumber, sliced into ribbons
1 cup coriander leaves
200g rice noodles, cooked
½ cup radishes, sliced
3 tbsp sesame oil
Juice of 2 limes
Toasted sesame seeds and chopped red chilli to garnish
1. Place the short ribs on a surface, season well. Heat a large frying pan, sauté ribs, fat-side down, until golden and fat has reduced. Remove and drain on paper towel.
2. For the sauce: in a large bowl mix together all the ingredients. Stir well to combine.
3. Place the beef ribs in a heavy- based pot, pour over sauce and stock, cover and simmer for 2 hours over a medium heat. Uncover and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
4. For the noodle salad: in a bowl toss together all the ingredients. Stir well to combine.
5. To serve: place the steamed bok choi on a plate, top with ribs and scatter over spring onions.
Serve with noodle salad.