Butternut and sweet potato gnocchi
Add grated Parmesan and fresh basil leaves and enjoy your pasta.
400g sweet potatoes, quartered
1 large butternut, seeds removed and cut into 4
1 egg, beaten
Pinch of salt
Pinch of grated nutmeg
2 tbsp butter
FOR THE SAUCE:
½ cup mascarpone
¼ cup basil pesto
Fresh basil to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the sweet potatoes and butternut on a tray in the oven; allow to roast for 1 hour. Remove and allow to cool a little. Remove the ﬂesh from the sweet potato and butternut and discard the skin, place in a bowl and mash ﬁnely.
2. Add the ﬂour, egg, salt and nutmeg to the mixture, stir to combine and shape into a ball. Place on a lightly ﬂoured surface, knead for a minute, then cut dough into 4 quarters. Roll each quarter into a long, thin sausage shape and cut into 2cm slices. Press each piece lightly with the back of a fork to create indentations.
3. Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add the gnocchi and remove with a slotted spoon when they ﬂoat to the surface. Set aside on a tray.
4. Heat butter in a large pan, add gnocchi, pan-fry till crispy and golden.
5. For the sauce: gently melt the mascarpone and stir through the basil pesto.
6. To serve: toss gnocchi in sauce,top with grated Parmesan and fresh basil leaves and serve immediately.