Pepper steak with capers & potato salad
A delicious way to serve steak
4 rib-eye steaks
FOR THE POTATO SALAD
1. Remove steaks from fridge and allow to come to room temperature, rub with olive oil and cover with cracked black peppercorns.
2. Heat a heavy-based frying pan, add butter and allow to melt. Add steaks and cook for 3–4 min on each side. Just before the end of cooking time, add capers, lemon zest and juice, and origanum. Season well.
3. Remove steaks from pan, then allow to stand covered with foil for 5 min before slicing. Reserve pan juices.
4. For the potato salad: Boil the potatoes until tender, remove, drain and allow to cool to room temperature. Cut in quarters, toss with dressing.
5. Dressing: Gently stir together all ingredients.
6. To serve: Serve steak sliced, with reserved pan juices and potato salad.