Roast tomato chilli jam chicken with corn muffins
Garnish with bay leaves and serve with corn bread.
1 whole chicken
FOR THE CORN MUFFINS
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C; rinse chicken and pat dry. In a bowl, whisk together chilli jam and butter. Place chicken in a roasting dish and pour jam mixture over, rubbing it all over.
2. Place the lemon, shallots and garlic around the chicken, then pour in the wine and olive oil. Season.
3. Roast chicken in oven, basting frequently with pan juices, for 1½ hours.
4. For the corn muffins: Sift flour into a bowl; add chilli flakes, polenta and salt. Stir well. Whisk together the eggs, sour cream and butter; stir into dry ingredients to combine. Divide mixture into an oiled muffin tin and bake for 25–30 minutes.
5. To serve: Place chicken on a platter with shallots, lemon, garlic and pan juices around it.