Tamarind pork neck roast
Serve with Asian greens and garnish pork with coriander, mint and spring onion and enjoy.
1 kg rolled pork neck, deboned
Sea salt and black pepper
1 tbsp peanut oil
3 tbsp tamarind
2 tbsp palm or brown sugar
2 tsp soy sauce
Juice of 1 lime
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 star anise
1 cup beef stock
FOR THE ASIAN GREENS
2 medium bok choy, halved and steamed
200g sugar snap peas, parboiled
1 red chilli, chopped
Fresh coriander, mint and spring onion
1. Place pork in a shallow dish and season. In a bowl whisk together the peanut oil, tamarind, palm sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic and star anise. Pour mixture over the pork neck, cover, and allow to marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 190°C. Place the pork neck in a roasting tray, add beef stock, place in the oven and roast for 1½ hours, or until cooked through.
3. Remove from the oven, allow to stand for 10 minutes, then slice.
4. For the greens: place the bok choy and sugar snap peas in a bowl, drizzle with sesame oil and garnish with chopped chilli.
5. To serve: garnish pork with coriander, mint and spring onion. Serve with Asian greens.