Warm winter salad with tomato vinaigrette
Add a squeeze of lemon juice and enjoy this delicious warm salad.
1 tbsp butter
100g prosciutto, thinly sliced into rashers
200g baby aparagus
Juice of ½ a lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
2 x 400g tins lentils, drained and rinsed
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
100g baby Rosa tomatoes,
2 tsp sherry wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, ﬁnely chopped
1 tbsp grain mustard
A pinch of caster sugar
Sea salt and black pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
4 radishes, sliced
10g fresh mint or oregano
4–6 slices ciabatta, toasted and broken into chunks
1. Heat the butter in a small pan, cook the prosciutto rashers until crispy, remove and drain on paper towel. Add the asparagus to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until golden and crispy. Add the lemon juice, remove and set aside.
2. Add olive oil to the pan, stir in the lentils, season and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Return the asparagus to the pan and mix with the lentils. Remove from heat, set aside and keep warm.
3. Place the eggs in a pot, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Switch off the heat and allow eggs to stand in the water for 3 minutes. Remove eggs from pot, allow to cool slightly, then peel and slice into halves or quarters.
4. For the vinaigrette: ﬁnely chop the tomatoes. Place the vinegar, garlic, grain mustard and caster sugar in a bowl and season. Slowly add the oil and whisk until combined. Stir through the chopped tomatoes.
5. To serve: place the lentils on a plate, top with radicchio, prosciutto, radishes, mint or oregano, and the eggs. Spoon over dressing.