Losing weight for your wedding day
Valerie Orsoni gives us tips on how to lose weight for your wedding day.
|This month, in honour of our annual FAIRLADY Bride issue that’s out now, we’re all about weddings and all the preparation that goes into your big day. Married or not, we can all relate to the feeling of mounting pressure that rises when you feel the need to lose weight for an important occasion! Valerie Orsoni, our health and fitness guru gives us advice on how to shed those few kilo’s for this special day.|
• Honeymooning this summer? Contract your glutes every time your phone rings to get a Brazilian butt in no time. Rock that bikini on the beach!
• Want that coveted bridal glow? Drink the juice of one lemon in a cup of room-temperature water each morning to alkalize your body and get your skin looking young as ever.
• Walk while you talk. Wedding prep calls? Telling a friend your love story? Exercise your legs and burn easy calories by walking around your house or down the block while you chitchat!
• Get killer thighs - even in your heels! Take the stairs whenever the opportunity arises, and when you do, take them two at a time. Double steps increases the load on your quadriceps and glutes, toning up your thighs and butt as you strut your stuff.
• Pre-wedding parties getting out of hand? Brace yourself for the buffet and jump-start a feeling of satiety by filling up on a bowl of soup for starters. Go for gazpachos: these cold, raw soups are packed with antioxidants and vitamins which are otherwise often destroyed through cooking.
• Want washboard abs by the time your wedding rolls around? Do the V-Pilates during TV ads! Without arching your back, sit on your bottom and raise both legs into the air, toes pointed, so your body forms the letter "V". Hold for 1 minute.
• Bride-to-be, but sitting at a desk all day? Replace your chair with a stability ball to effortlessly work your abs! Since the ball moves whenever you do, it forces you to engage your abdominals and actually strengthens the muscles that support your spine.
• Get the Pippa Butt Lift for the big day! Stand up straight and bend your knees slightly. Keeping your abs tight and your back straight (no arching), tilt your hips forward while contracting your glutes for a strong 1-second squeeze. Finish the move by pulling your hips back. You can do this exercise while brushing your teeth! We spend an average of 6 minutes a day brushing our teeth – that’s 42 minutes per week of butt squeezes, the equivalent of a booty class at the gym without the sweat!